The home inspector's name was Susan Walker. I successfully resisted the urge to call her Giselle.
Highlights of Susan's report:
- Several of the downspouts empty very close to the house. Susan recommended either installing splash blocks or running downspout extensions away from the house.
- Some tree branches are too close to the house. She recommended trimming the trees at least 6" away from the house.
- The furnace and intake vent are extremely dirty (in spite of being brand new). The seller is a company that buys fixer-uppers, fixes them, and resells them at enormous profit, so we assume the dirt accumulated from construction activities. Susan recommended having the furnace cleaned and serviced.
- There are a few electrical problems. The panel has no main shutoff switch. One of the circuits uses aluminum wiring. Several 3 prong outlets are miswired and lack a proper ground connection. One of the outlets has no power at all.
- The toilet on the main floor is loose.
The thing that concerns me most right now is the sewer thing.
Last but not least, I personally inspected the main floor ceiling height for juggleability, and found I could do a 7 ball flash with room to spare :-)