I want a house
All right. I'm feeling guilty for not writing in such a long time. (Seems odd: a few months ago, I didn't know what LJ was, now it makes me feel guilty). For me, the "what I did on my Christmas vacation" story is pretty short--I went home to visit my parents, came down with the flu, and spent the next week in bed. Blah. I was back among the living on January 1ish, but I still have a lingering cough.
And the worst part of it all is that I haven't seen Return of the King yet! (I'm still coughing just enough that I think I would annoy other moviegoers).
Oh, yeah, and it snowed. A lot. I stayed at home last Tuesday and Wednesday, afraid of the weather. On Thursday, I managed to get my car stuck for 20 minutes in the parking lot outside my apartment. That was the worst of it. Life is pretty much back to normal now, although I had to work over the weekend to make up for the two days I missed. Oh, well. I guess it all evens out in the end.
Anyway, back to my subject line: I have decided that I want to buy a house. It's still a pretty recent decision, and I haven't done much research, so I'm still pretty disorganized about what I want. Here's my current wish list:
- In Southeast Portland
- Within walking distance of a nice park (preferably Laurelhurst Park--that's my favorite). I might settle for biking distance.
- In a neighborhood that's not too dense.
- Within walking distance of a grocery store and some nice places to eat dinner (ok, I might settle for biking distance on this one too).
- Backyard large enough for a four-person juggling pattern
- A high enough ceiling in some room that I can practice 7 ball juggling (probably means it has to be 2 story)
Hmm. Perhaps that's too juggling-centric a list. But it will do for now.
A week ago I drove around trying to figure out what neighborhoods I liked. For those of you who know Portland, here are the two areas I like so far: (1) between Hawthorne and Stark, 53rd-60th, and (2) between Stark and Glisan, 39th-45th. But I really haven't explored enough yet. I think next weekend I'll try looking at some areas a little further South and West.
Ooh, I'm tired. Better rest up so I can get rid of my damn cough.
Current Mood: Just keep swimming