Haggar physicists create quantum slacks|
[Most Recent Entries]
Tuesday, July 15th, 2008
I'm still recovering from sleep deprivation, so these will be kind of scatterbrained. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do a big post-contest writeup like I did last year.
- It's amazing what you can accomplish in a short span of time if you know your time is short and you're committed to getting a lot done.
- It's amazing how little you give up in productivity by being thorough and disciplined.
- My libido has been huge ever since the contest. What's up with that?
- Last year your submission was automatically scored within seconds of submitting it. This year things work differently, and nobody's submissions have been scored yet. Which means that we still don't know for sure whether our submission will even run at all. This is a bit disappointing, but I think it's an inevitable consequence of the nature of this year's contest.
- I feel like over the last year I've spent less time hanging around with j3h, jes5199, and boojum than I would have liked. It was nice to spend some high quality programming time with them again.
- I really need to find a graphics environment and get comfortable programming in it. I did some SVG during the contest, but it left a bit to be desired because it was hard to make it interactive. I'm thinking the thing to do would be to learn OpenGL.
- Most days of my life are so much less intense than the days of the programming contest. I wouldn't want every day to be that intense, but I could stand to have a little bit more intensity. This fits in with a recent theme in my life, which is that I spend too much time reading random web pages and chilling out with people, and not enough time doing projects.
- I'm way more of an extrovert than I thought.
- Apparently I'm pretty damn funny when I'm outrageously sleep deprived. Definitely my inhibitions are lower, and I'm more inclined to let my sense of humor show. I wonder if there's a way to import the good aspects of that into my regular well-rested life without having to endure the bad aspects.
- Speaking of which, recovering from a huge sleep debt is not much fun. This morning while napping on the couch I had an episode of sleep paralysis, which I'd heard about but never experienced before. It was kind of perversely fascinating but mostly just scary.
- I'm tired of using darcs for source control, mostly because of poor performance. I think I'm going to switch to git.