1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Tango danced. Swing danced. Contra danced. Sang sacred harp. Participated in a programming contest. Rode my bike naked.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember whether I made any. I made a birthday resolution (thanks for the idea, tornadogrrrl), which I kept. Next year, dunno.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Don't think so.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, unfortunately. Already journaled about that. No need to say more.
5. What countries did you visit?
Heh, I spent the entire time in the U.S. of A. Next year I'm going to Mexico and prolly Japan, though.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A clean room.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 16, for reasons I'm keeping to myself.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Biking to work regularly.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I can't really think of anything worth noting. I guess it's been a pretty good year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I thought I might have detached a retina for a while. That sucked. But it turned out to be nothing.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new laptop.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I don't know how to single anyone out for that. I became closer to a lot of my friends this year, and that certainly merits celebration.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Again, nothing worth noting.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
You know, songs don't tend to remind me of people/places/times. It's the other way round. Ask me again in a year and maybe 2007 will remind me of something.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. Thinner or fatter? About the same.
iii. Richer or poorer? Richer, if you count home equity.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With the family, and some friends from college. This was the first time I visited my friends from college and realized that my new life in Portland is just as rich as my old life in college was. That was wonderful to realize.
21. Who is your back up plan if youre not married by the time you are 30?
Huh? I'm 32 and happily unmarried, thank you very much. (Though perhaps not happily single, but that's another story). Who wrote this question, anyway?
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Um, yes. Didn't work out, unfortunately. Maybe next time.
23. How many one-night stands?
None. I don't really do those.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Firefly. Yeah, I'm a bit behind the times.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I can't really think of anyone that I hate, at all.
26. What was the best book you read?
26.5. What was the worst book you read?
I don't finish reading books I don't like. So I can't really answer this one. (Wait, 26.5? Did you add this question, misshepeshu?)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
How to modulate. (Thanks, keystricken)
28. What did you want and get?
A wonderful new housemate.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hard to remember. I just saw Ratatouille, and it was awesome. But there must be a lot of films I'm not thinking of. (What happened to 29? misshepeshu?)
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 32. We went to see Pilobolus. Also had a really good party the previous day.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Immeasurably? That's a tall order. Yeah, there are a few things here and there that I wish had gone differently, but I'm not sure anything would have reached "immeasurable" levels.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Scruffy barefoot hippie. Same as always.
34. What kept you sane?
My friends. Narnia. Music.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Wuh buh? I don't get crushes on celebrities. They are not awesome enough.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
War continues to top my list. It has for a very long time.
37. Who did you miss?
People who moved away (keystricken, chadversary, eliciel, royhuggins). j3h, who I for some reason don't see enough anymore.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't like to rank my friends. I will say that a nice side effect of living with lindseykuper has been meeting her friends, who are all rad.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
It's not necessary to go home every day.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Not sure it sums anything up, but yesterday I was haunted by The Losing, by the Pretenders. What can that possibly mean?